Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ephemeral Art to Wear

Art that is made to last for hours, days, or weeks is called ephemeral art.
Ephemeral Art is meant to be enjoyed for the moment because it will not last forever. 

Perfect for Valentine's Day

Perfect for baby shower favors
Pinwheel is a symbol of childhood
and peace
 
Introducing the "Soft" pin...
Due to the inexpensive materials used to create the "soft" pin, it will eventually fall apart.  The question is, how many times can it be worn and how many compliments wil it receive?


I make these little unassuming owls in all different shapes and sizes and in many different colors schemes.  Once I have glued all of the owl features together, I laminate them with contact paper (front and back).  Hence the name, soft pin, contact paper is a soft material.

I carefully cut the owl, leaving a little edge of the contact paper in tact, to seal the edges.  Lastly, I add some light catchers,  small craft "jewels" to the eyes to create a sparkle. 

To complete the pin, I hot glue a pin fastener to the back.

If you are interested in the pinwheels for baby shower favors send me a message on my ArtRecycles FB community page.

Enjoy,
Tracey

1 comment: